WWE’s annual Extreme Rules pay-per-view took place on May 22nd at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.
– The Dudleys come out to the ring but quickly get interrupted by Big Cass, who cuts a promo on Bubba’s weight. He says they’re full of crap, then hits the ring and gets double teamed by the former Tag Team Champions. He eventually comes back and hits some of his signature moves on the Dudley Boyz before returning to ringside to resume his promo then heading to the back.
– Rusev and Lana are sitting down backstage for an interview where Rusev cuts a promo about Americans being lazy and says he’s a foreigner there to get paid.
– Baron Corbin def. Dolph Ziggler: Baron takes things to the outside early on and beats down Ziggler. Back in the ring, Corbin continues to control the match until Ziggler comes back with a series of clotheslines and a Stinger Splash in the corner. After a near-fall, Corbin cuts Ziggler’s comeback short with the Deep Six for a near-fall of his own. Corbin goes for a powerbomb, but Zigler gets on the turnbuckle and hits a tornado DDT and a Fameasser for another 2-count. Corbin comes back with a low-blow and the End Of Days for the pinfall victory.
WWE Extreme Rules 2016
– A promo video for the show airs that features two ladybugs having sex. After the official WWE logo intro, we get a longer video package highlighting tonight’s matches and the “extreme” nature of the show.
– The Usos vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows: This match will be under Tornado Tag rules with all four men legal at all times. The Bullet Club takes the Usos to the outside early on. Back in the ring, we get a series of near-falls after the Usos hit a double superkick and The Club hit some of their signature moves. Anderson and Gallows get extreme on the outside with the ring bell and a steel chair, and after a missed splash by Jey they hit the Magic Killer on him for the win.
– Rusev def. Kalisto: Rusev dominates the opening moment of the match almost entirely and keeps Kalisto grounded. Kalisto does some damage with a sleeper hold then drops Rusev with a Tornado DDT. He hits a spinning shoulder tackle and a hurricanrana for a 2 count. Kalisto keeps the high-flying offensive coming with a hurricanrana that sends Rusev head-first into the steps at ringside. Back in the ring, Rusev drops Kalisto on the ring apron then locks in a sleeper hold for the win.
– The New Day def. The Vaudevillains: Big E and Xavier are in for The New Day. The Vaudevillains take things to the outside and get the advantage early on. Big E gets the hot tag and hits a series of belly to belly suplexes on English. English comes back with a knee to the face and a DDT for a 2 count. Big E spears Aiden English to the outside. While the ref’s back is turned, Kofi kicks Simon Gotch in the head then Xavier follows up with a running knee for the win.
– The Miz def. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens: As soon as the bell rings, Zayn kicks Owens to the outside then Cesaro uppercuts Miz to the outside. Zayn hits a hurricanrana and spinning heel kick for a 2 count. Zayn hits a suicide dive on Cesaro and Miz over the top rope onto the floor at ringside. Owens gets back in the ring and breaks up a superplex attempt and goes to work on Zayn. The Miz and Zayn go for a double-team superplex on Owens, and Cesaro gets in on the action to powerbomb Zayn and Miz. Cesaro tries to pin both Zayn and Miz but only gets 2 counts. The Miz goes for a t-bone suplex on Zayn, but Cesaro comes behind him for a German suplex on Miz that sends both him and Zayn flying. Cesaro hits some uppercuts on all 3 of his opponents, before Owens comes back and hits cannonsballs on all of them in the corners. Everyone hits their finishers, and Cesaro kicks out of the Skull Crushing Finale. Cesaro hits a spinning uppercut off the middle rope, then swings The Miz. Zayn hits a t-bone suplex on Cesaro in the corner, but then walks into a superkick from Owens, who also hits a pop-up powerbomb on Cesaro for a 2 count. Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Owens at ringside. Zayn hits a big kick on Cesaro in the corner but Owens breaks up the pin and they brawl at ringside. The Miz steals the pin on Cesaro for the win.
– Asylum Match: Dean Ambrose def. Chris Jericho: Jericho tries to escape in the opening moments, but he’s informed the door is locked until the match is over. Ambrose hits a cross body block on Jericho then starts pummeling him before throwing Jericho head-first into the cage wall. Ambrose grabs the mob and beats Jericho down with it, including stabbing him in the ear with it. Jericho comes back and tries to grab the barbed wire bat, but Ambrose suplexes him off the corner. Ambrose grabs the nunchucks and and Jericho grabs the barbed wire bat. Ambrose gets the better of the exchange and unloads on Jericho with the nunchucks. Jericho gets up and quickly scales the cage to grab the kendo stick and take control of the match. Jericho grabs the leather strap and goes to town on Ambrose. Jericho tries to get out the door again but can’t so he starts climbing. Ambrose stops him and crotches Jericho on the ropes. Jericho throws the straight jacket on Ambrose’s face to “blind” him then hits a spinning heel kick. He hits a springboard dropkick on Ambrose into the cage wall. Jericho tries to put Ambrose in the straight jacket but he avoids it and hits a series of punches and a clothesline for a 2. Ambrose hits a flying elbow on Jericho from the top of the cage. Ambrose gets the bucket and empties it — it’s full of thumbtacks. They try to throw each other into the thumbtacks but neither are successful. Jericho throws Ambrose into the cage then goes for a Lionsault but Ambrose gets his knees up. Jericho gets Ambrose in the Walls of Jericho, but Ambrose grabs the kendo stick and beats Jericho with it to break the hold. Jericho sprays Ambrose with the fire extinguisher then hits the Codebreaker for 2. He goes for another Codebreaker, but Ambrose slams Jericho into the thumbtacks then hits the Dirty Deeds into them for the win.
– Submission Match: Charlotte def. Natalya: Natalya starts off in control and puts Charlotte in a surfboard hold. Charlotte gets out and Natalya puts her back down with a discus clothesline. They go to the outside and Charlotte mounts a comeback, then back in the ring hits an elbow and a big boot to the face. Charlotte puts Natalya in a few submissions but she won’t give up. She hits a moonsault and a half Crab. Natalya comes back with a German suplex and locks in the Sharpshooter until Ric Flair’s music hits. Instead of Flair, Dana Brooke comes out and distracts Natalya. Charlotte hits Natalya from behind and puts her in the Figure Eight for the win.
– Extreme Rules: Roman Reigns def. AJ Styles: They go back and forth in the opening moments of the World Heavyweight Title main event, and Roman Reigns gets a “You can’t wrestle” chant from the New Jersey crowd. Reigns goes to hit AJ with a steel chair, but AJ rolls out of the way. They brawl on the outside and AJ clears off an announce table. He clotheslines Reigns out into the crowd and they brawl through the audience. They fight over to the Kickoff show desk and Reigns throws AJ onto it. AJ kicks Reigns in the head from the top of the table and follows up with a Phenomenal Forearm off the table. They get back to the ringside area and AJ pulls back the padding on the floor. He goes for a Styles Clash on Reigns on the exposed concrete, but Reigns gets out and goes to powerbomb AJ through an announce table. AJ reverses it by punching Reigns in the face repeatedly, then goes for a Styles Clash through the table. Reigns gets out and gives AJ a big back body drop through the adjacent announce table. Back in the ring, Reigns goes for a Razor’s Edge into a sitout powerbomb for a 2 count. Reigns goes for a Superman punch but AJ ducks and gives him a back body drop. Reigns is selling his knee, and AJ gives him a vertical suplex into the turnbuckle. Reigns rolls to the outside and AJ comes running off the apron for a hurricanrana. Reigns catches him and powerbombs him through another announce table. Reigns misses a spear and and AJ throws him back in the ring. AJ goes for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Reigns hits him with the superman punch while he’s on the top rope, and AJ falls to the floor. AJ starts getting up and Reigns jumps off the ring steps and takes him down with a spear. Reigns throws AJ back in the ring, but The Bullet Club runs in and lays out Reigns. The Usos come out for the save. They clear the ring and hit a couple superkicks and a splash on Styles. Styles blocks a superman punch with a kick and hits the Styles Clash, but Reigns kicks out at 2. Reigns goes for another superman punch but this time runs into the Pele kick. AJ hits the Styles Clash onto a chair, but one of the Usos breaks up the pin. AJ kicks him away and goes to pin again, but Reigns kicks out at 2 again. AJ grabs the steel chair and lays out the Usos and Reigns with it. AJ takes his elbow pad off and goes for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Reigns catches him with a spear in mid-air for the win.
– After the match, Reigns is celebrating in the ring when Seth Rollins comes out of nowhere and hits the Pedigree on Reigns. Rollins grabs the title belt and stands tall over Reigns. He holds the belt up in the air as the crowd pops and Extreme Rules 2016 goes off the air.
* 15 Incredible Photos Of Andre The Giant That Truly Show His Freakish Size