PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents a special Thursday Flagship edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast featuring a WrestleMania 36 Preview with ex-WWE Creative Team member and professional stand-up comedian Matt McCarthy.
(Search “wade keller” to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
TORCH TODAY – Sunday, January 24, 2016
– The Road to WrestleMania officially kicks off Sunday night in Orlando with the Royal Rumble PPV. The Top 4 candidates to win are Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, and of course the ol’ Wild Card.
If you’re looking for a sneak-peek at the predicted winners (SPOILER ALERT) for both the Rumble and the undercard matches, the historically reliable international betting lines are HERE.
– NXT star Sami Zayn says he is still not 100 percent from his shoulder injury that sidelined him for six months, but he’s learning to adjust his in-ring style.
“There are certain things I’m not doing,” Zayn was quoted at WWE’s Performance Center as part of a Rumble Weekend media session. “I don’t think anybody will really notice it, it’s just little things for me, like if there’s certain moves that put me in a position that I feel vulnerable in, I just won’t do them at this stage. Again, I just came back and I still don’t 100% feel like myself. As soon as I feel comfortable doing moves or being in those positions, I’ll be back at it. For now, in the short term, yeah, I’m definitely a little more cognitive of what I’m doing. You can’t help it when you get hurt. It’s actually an important lesson to learn honestly as a performer.”
– Hulk Hogan is back on the endorsement circuit pitching a new product line for 800-Loan-Mart. Hogan filmed some new TV spots, according to a TMZ report.
– Entertainment Weekly profiled Dave Bautista getting ready to film “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” next month in the Atlanta area.
– TNA star Jessie Godderz appeared on CBS’s “The Talk” afternoon show, drawing media coverage from CBS and Yahoo. The show is hosted by Julie Chen, who also hosts CBS’s “Big Brother” show where Godderz gained mainstream fame.
– Great Khali is promoting a two-day pro wrestling “spectacle” in India in February. The two shows are expected to draw about 30,000 fans in two different stadiums. (Indian Television Report)
– New Japan/CMLL Results from Sunday in Tokyo.
– Top women’s wrestler Santana Garrett wrestled at Friday’s NXT TV taping in Orlando. Next Friday, she challenges for the SHINE Women’s Title before heading to Japan for a long tour.
Few more shots of @SantanaGarrett_ vs. @EmmaWWE at @CFEArena #NXTOrlando #NXT #NXTUCF pic.twitter.com/BA36B7mgC6
— Team Vision Dojo (@TeamVisionDojo) January 23, 2016
– WWNLive released a new “365 Days” documentary on Drew Galloway.