Learn about breaking news and the latest hot news in world news, business, politics, health and popular culture.
Reader offer: £10 off entry to Leeds
Taking place on 12 June 2016, the Columbia Threadneedle World Triathlon Leeds represents the pinnacle of triathlon competition in the UK, providing recreational triathletes with the unique opportunity to compete on the same course as the world’s best.
Here are 5 reasons why you should book your place on the start line:
1) Follow in the footsteps of the pro’s – no other event offers you the opportunity to compete on the same course as the world’s best, including home heroes Alistair and Jonny Brownlee who will be competing in their last event on home soil before the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
2) Feel the roar of the crowds – following in the footsteps of the unforgettable 2014 Tour de France Grand Départ in Leeds and Yorkshire, this event is hoping to attract thousands of spectators to watch both the amateurs and the professionals
3) A truly unique course – starting in the stunning Roundhay Park and finishing in the heart of the City centre, the ‘point-to-point’ course complete with split transitions is as unique as it is challenging
4) The thrilling pro races – stick around after your race and soak up the electric atmosphere as the world’s greatest triathletes fly around the same course you just conquered
5) The city of Leeds – You’ll be guaranteed a warm welcome in Leeds, with friendly residents and a fantastically cosmopolitan atmosphere. The city’s brilliant selection of eclectic shops, independent bars and rave review restaurants mean you’ll definitely experience something new and unique
To enter now with £10 off, simply click on the ‘Enter Now’ button below and enter code word WORLDTRILEEDS on the payment page.