Casino Battle Royale announced for AEW Double or Nothing

A Casino Battle Royale for a future AEW title shot has been announced for the May 30 Double or Nothing PPV. 

Christian Cage made the announcement on tonight’s AEW Dynamite. 

AEW’s Dasha Gonzalez was conducting an interview with Cage backstage regarding his recent issued with Team Taz. Cage said that Tony Khan has given him an open contract for next week’s Dynamite and Cage challenged any member of Team Taz to face him. 

Cage then announced the Casino Battle Royale for a future AEW title shot. 

Click Here: USA Rugby Shop

Matt Sydal then approached Cage and said that he would be the one accepting Cage’s open challenge for next week, not a member of Team Taz. Sydal then revealed that he and Cage are the first two participants announced for the Battle Royale. 

The Casino Battle Royale has become a staple of AEW PPV events. The first was held at the first Double or Nothing in May 2019. Another was held for an AEW Women’s title shot at All Out in August 2019. Lance Archer won the third iteration of the match at All Out in September 2020, while Rey Fenix and PAC won the first tag team version of the match at Revolution in March 2021. 

Here is the full card announced so far for Double or Nothing: 

AEW Double or Nothing, Sunday, May 30 —

AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Orange Cassidy vs. PAC
AEW Women’s World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Britt Baker
Cody Rhodes vs. Anthony Ogogo
Hangman Page vs. Brian Cage
Casino Battle Royale for an AEW title shot